Abu Dhabi is a city known for its landmark architecture, mega theme parks, and picturesque hotels. Since its commercial trajectory from the mid-20th century following the discovery of its oil reserves, modern Abu Dhabi now become the hub for luxury events and trendy lifestyle, while keeping true to its roots and rich cultural diversity.
The capital is also a paradise for food enthusiasts, events and catering hosts, as well as sports & entertainment fans. The vibrant culinary scene in Abu Dhabi offers a myriad of flavours from around the world.
Abu Dhabi’s thriving international community has inspired a fusion of flavours that caterers have perfected. From a private sit-down dinner to elaborate gala events, and adrenaline-rushing sports to luxury yacht parties, Dish Catering is equipped to satisfy every palate and leave your guests mesmerized.
7 Tips to Ace Any Catering in Abu Dhabi
Truth be told, behind every successful event there’s an unsung catering hero behind it. So, here are just a few top-line tips we openly share with our clients before hosting any catering events in Abu Dhabi or anywhere in the UAE.
- Planning is everything. Before searching for any catering company to work with, you’ve got to outline the basics – what, why, where, when, who, and how much (budget).
- Be flexible yet don’t compromise on food quality. If you are to throw a luxury private party, the most intimate memory your guests most probably remember is how good (or bad) the food they ate. So, if you have to cut down your budget, consider the margins you could trim down – decorations, entertainment, furnishings, etc., they are good to have but not as crucial as the menu.
- Timing. Consider your local areas when picking the date for your event. Remember mobility and access around the area is key – allow enough time to set up. What’s the weather like? Do you have a backup plan?
- Utilities. This goes without saying, your event will need more power supply than your usual day. If you are hosting your luxury event within your home, consider the additional power supply needed for catering equipment, lighting, A/V system, cooling or heating, and power back-up/generator.
- Service. Never throw a luxury event party without service staff to attend your guests. For excellent service, the minimum service ratio for a luxury sit-down meal is one server for every 10 guests.
- Confirmation. If your event is important to you, never play “catch and release” with your vendor. Prolonged negotiation will cost you more. The sooner your event is due, your leverage gets thinner too. So, make quick decisions and use your energy to focus on perfecting the details of your event.
- It’s showtime. Every party host is different and making a good first impression is an art. Trust us, we’ve seen many “artists” in our journey. We’re always rooting for the ‘relaxed & natural hosts’ who are just genuinely happy to be with their guests.
Luxury Abu Dhabi Events with Dish Catering
- F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VVIP, luxury yacht events)
- A Decade of Luxury, The Galleria Al Maryah Island
- M2 Grand Opening Event
Established in 2008, Dish is renowned as Dubai’s premier catering and event management company, dedicated to providing innovative and inspiring food concepts to the vibrant Dubai event scene. With a team of over 200 experienced professionals, Dish has achieved remarkable growth and successfully executes a diverse range of events, including corporate catering, gala events, store launches, product activation, and tailored private gatherings ranging from intimate affairs to large-scale functions.